[mod_python] warning: "_POSIX_C_SOURCE" redefined - is this a significant problem?

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Mon Nov 22 10:16:36 EST 2004


I haven't heard it cause any problems for anyone so far. This is part of 
Python, so not much can be done about it from mod_python.

Grisha

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, John Rector wrote:

> Environment:
>
> RedHat Linux Enterprise 3
>
>> gcc -v
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.3/specs
> Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man 
> --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix 
> --disable-checking --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit 
> --host=i386-redhat-linux
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-42)
>
>
> I build Apache httpd, Python and then mod_python, and I get
>
> warning: "_POSIX_C_SOURCE" redefined
>
> Here's the build scenario with reported errors. Can anyone comment on the 
> significance of this?
>
> # =========== make clean
> rm -rf /tmp/httpd-2.0.52 /tmp/python
>
> # =========== make httpd
> cd ~/src
> rm -rf httpd-2.0.52
> tar zxvf ~/downloads/httpd-2.0.52.tar.gz
> cd httpd-2.0.52
> ./configure --prefix=/tmp/httpd-2.0.52 \
>    --enable-mods-shared=most \
>    --enable-so
>
> make
> sudo make install
>
> # =========== make Python
> cd ~/src
> rm -rf Python-2.3.4
> tar zxvf ~/downloads/Python-2.3.4.tgz
> cd Python-2.3.4
> ./configure --prefix=/tmp/python --enable-shared
> make
> make test
> sudo make install
>
> # ========== update environment
> sudo chown -R auser: /tmp/httpd-2.0.52 /tmp/python
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/httpd-2.0.52/lib:/tmp/python-2.3.4/ 
> lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> # ========== make mod_python
> cd ~/src
> rm -rf mod_python-3.1.3
> tar zxvf ~/downloads/mod_python-3.1.3.tgz
> cd mod_python-3.1.3
> ./configure --with-apxs=/tmp/httpd-2.0.52/bin/apxs 
> --with-python=/tmp/python/bin/python2.3
> make
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/data/home/auser/src/mod_python-3.1.3/src'
>
> Compiling for DSO.
>
> /tmp/httpd-2.0.52/bin/apxs -I/home/auser/src/mod_python-3.1.3/src/include 
> -I/tmp/httpd-2.0.52/include -I/tmp/python/include/python2.3 -c mod_python.c 
> _apachemodule.c requestobject.c tableobject.c util.c serverobject.c