[mod_python] Building Problems on OS X (intel macbook core2duo)

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Mon Jan 8 04:39:49 EST 2007


Run:

   gcc -v

and post the result here. You might be hitting this problem:

   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-186

Only seems to affect certain versions of compiler tool chain.

BTW.  Please keep followups on the mailing list.

On 08/01/2007, at 6:45 PM, michael starke wrote:

> I'll try that, but i used a pre-built python version to work parallel
> so i don't know why the error is present there
>
> And i need python 2.4 (if i recall correctly) for some python  
> packages to work.
>
> Michael
>
> On 08.01.2007, at 05:42, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>
>> Can you try with the operating system supplied version of Python  
>> (2.3.5)
>> instead of your own compiled Python 2.4 as the build configuration
>> associated with your 2.4 version doesn't look right.
>>
>> BTW, did you compiled your Python 2.4 from scratch? You might be  
>> better
>> off using one of the prebuilt dmg versions of Python instead as  
>> they tend
>> to be setup correctly and work in parallel to the OS version better.
>>
>> Graham
>>
>> michael starke wrote ..
>>> Hello there,
>>>
>>> i have a big problem and since i'm not to experinced witht the whole
>>> built from source way i want to ask you, if you know where the
>>> problem lies.
>>>
>>> I have apache2 installed (built and running) in  /usr/local/ 
>>> apache2/...
>>> I have python2.4 installed and running smoothly
>>> I downloaded mod_python 3.2.10 and configured it with
>>>
>>> 	--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
>>> 	--with-python=/usr/local/bin/python2.4
>>>
>>> so the configure seems to work, but when i run make/make install at
>>> the end i get the error, that the build mod_python.so is not found,
>>> there is a symlink in the /src/ folder and it points to a .built/
>>> directory, but that is not there...
>>>
>>> Having no clue what to do i'm asking for your help. The same routine
>>> (with apache 2.0.x) and differnent install locations worked fine on
>>> my powermac a year before but the installation on the macbook is not
>>> working the way it should be..obviously.
>>>
>>> I can give you a logpart form make install, but i guess it's not
>>> really helping.
>>>
>>> ----------make install output------------
>>>
>>> /usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc - 
>>> prefer-
>>> pic   -DDARWIN -DSIGPROCMASK_SETS_THREAD_MASK -no-cpp-precomp -g - 
>>> O2 -
>>> I/usr/local/apache2/include  -I/usr/local/apache2/include   -I/usr/