[mod_python] Trouble on OSX - Leopard

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 00:35:29 EDT 2007


One more and then I will have exhausted my ideas and may have to
research elsewhere.

  file /usr/sbin/httpd

Change path if this isn't what Apache server executable is called.

  file /usr/libexec/apache2/*.so

This is to see what other Apache and other modules are compiled as.
Ie., Intel only or dual architecture etc.

Graham

On 30/10/2007, Ben Mitchell <ben at mitchellfamily.com> wrote:
>
> [Macintosh:local/src/PyGreSQL-3.8.1] benha% otool -L
> /usr/libexec/apache2/mod_wsgi.so
> /usr/libexec/apache2/mod_wsgi.so:
>  /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
> 111.0.0)
>  /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Python
> (compatibility version 2.5.0, current version 2.5.0)
>  /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
> 1.0.0)
> [Macintosh:local/src/PyGreSQL-3.8.1] benha%
>
>
>
>
> On Oct 29, 2007, at 9:18 PM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> How about:
>
>   otool -L /usr/libexec/apache2/mod_wsgi.so
>
> Should refer to standard Python framework.
>
> Graham
>
> On 30/10/2007, Ben Mitchell <ben at mitchellfamily.com> wrote:
>
> I started off yesterday doing an "Upgrade."  But I found enough weirdness
> that I did an "Archive and Install" tonight.  It's an intel MacBook Pro.
>
> [Macintosh:/private/var/mysql] benha% file
> /usr/libexec/apache2/mod_wsgi.so
> /usr/libexec/apache2/mod_wsgi.so: Mach-O bundle i386
>
>
>
>
>
> On Oct 29, 2007, at 9:06 PM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> What does it say if you run:
>
>   file /usr/libexec/apache2/mod_wsgi.so
>
> BTW, is this a PPC or Intel machine?
>
> Did you do a fresh install or an upgrade of Leopard?
>
> Graham
>
> On 30/10/2007, Ben Mitchell <ben at mitchellfamily.com> wrote:
>
> Graham,
>
> Thanks for the help.  mod_wsgi didn't work either.  I've appended all the
> details below.
>
> -Ben
>
>
> [Macintosh:local/src/mod_wsgi-1.2] benha% ls
> LICENCE Makefile-2.X.in configure mod_wsgi.c
> Makefile-1.X.in README configure.ac
> [Macintosh:local/src/mod_wsgi-1.2] benha% ./configure
> checking for apxs2... no
> checking for apxs... /usr/sbin/apxs
> checking for python... /usr/bin/python
> checking Apache version... 2.2.6
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating Makefile
> [Macintosh:local/src/mod_wsgi-1.2] benha% make
> /usr/sbin/apxs -c
> -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/python2.5
> -DNDEBUG -DMACOSX -DENABLE_DTRACE  mod_wsgi.c -framework Python -u
> _PyMac_Error -framework Python -ldl
> /usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=compile