[mod_python] Leopard Install

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 15:45:00 EST 2008


You need to say:

   LoadModule python_module /usr/libexec/apache2/mod_python.so

Did you perhaps say:

   LoadModule Python_module /usr/libexec/apache2/mod_python.so

The case of the name matters.

Graham

On 20/02/2008, John Raines <jrraines at comcast.net> wrote:
>   I've been trying to install mod_python on Leopard on a G4; i think
>   using a G4 means that I don't need to worry about the 64 bit issues
>
> which have been discussed before. In the past macs have come with
> apache 1.3 and python 2.3. Leopard comes with fairly current
> versions and so I decided to use the built in version. I tried to
> get rid of old pythons etc left over from Tiger etc. I installed
>   with just ./configure, make, sudo make install. When I type httpd -S,
> I get an error msg which I think means that there's a version
> incompatibility between mod_python and apache. I'm not sure where
> this is going wrong.
>
>   Details of the install :
>
> Mac-in-basement:mod_python-3.3.1 jrraines$ ./configure
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
> checking whether the C compiler works... yes
> checking whether we are cross compiling... no
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking for suffix of object files... o
> checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
> checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
> checking for ar... ar
> checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
> checking for main in -lm... yes
> checking for an ANSI C-conforming const... yes
> checking your blood pressure... a bit high, but we can proceed
> configure: checking whether apxs is available...
> checking for --with-apxs... no
> checking for apxs in /usr/local/apache/sbin... no
> checking for apxs in your PATH... checking for apxs... /usr/sbin/apxs
> found /usr/sbin/apxs, we'll use this. Use --with-apxs to specify =20
> another.
> checking Apache version... 2.2.6
> checking for Apache libexec directory... /usr/libexec/apache2
> checking for Apache include directory... -I/usr/include/apache2
> checking for --with-python... no
> checking for python... /usr/bin/python
> checking Python version... 2.5
> checking Python install prefix... /System/Library/Frameworks/=20
> Python.framework/Versions/2.5
> checking checking where python libraries are installed... /System/=20
> Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5
> checking what libraries Python was linked with... -framework  =20
> Python    -ldl
> checking linker flags used to link Python...
> checking where Python include files are... -I/System/Library/=20
> Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/python2.5
> checking for --with-python-src... no
> checking for --with-mutex-dir... no
> Using MUTEX_DIR /tmp
> checking for --with-max-locks... no
> Using 8 MAX_LOCKS.
> checking for --with-flex... no
> checking for flex... /usr/bin/flex
> found /usr/bin/flex, we'll use this. Use --with-flex to specify another.
> checking flex version... 2.5.33. Good
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating Makefile
> config.status: creating src/Makefile
> config.status: creating Doc/Makefile
> config.status: creating src/include/mod_python.h
> config.status: creating test/Makefile
> config.status: creating test/testconf.py
> config.status: creating dist/setup.py
> config.status: creating dist/Makefile
> Mac-in-basement:mod_python-3.3.1 jrraines$ make
>
> Compiling for DSO.
>
> /usr/sbin/apxs -I/Users/jrraines/Downloads/mod_python-3.3.1/src/=20
> include -I/usr/include/apache2 -I/System/Library/Frameworks/=20
> Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/python2.5 -c mod_python.c =20
> _apachemodule.c requestobject.c tableobject.c util.c serverobject.c =20
> connobject.c filterobject.c hlist.c hlistobject.c finfoobject.c -Wl,-=20
> framework,Python  -u _PyMac_Error -framework Python   -Wl,-F.   -lm  -
> =20=
>
> framework  Python    -ldl
> /usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=3Dcompile gcc    -=20
> DDARWIN -DSIGPROCMASK_SETS_THREAD_MASK -no-cpp-precomp  -I/usr/
> include/=20=
>
> apache2  -I/usr/include/apr-1   -I/usr/include/apr-1  -I/Users/=20
> jrraines/Downloads/mod_python-3.3.1/src/include -I/usr/include/
> apache2 =20=
>
> -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/=20
> python2.5  -c -o mod_python.lo mod_python.c && touch mod_python.slo
> mod_python.c: In function 'python_init':
> mod_python.c:826: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> /usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=3Dcompile gcc    -=20
> DDARWIN -DSIGPROCMASK_SETS_THREAD_MASK -no-cpp-precomp  -I/usr/
> include/=20=
>
> apache2  -I/usr/include/apr-1   -I/usr/include/apr-1  -I/Users/=20
> jrraines/Downloads/mod_python-3.3.1/src/include -I/usr/include/
> apache2 =20=
>
> -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/=20
> python2.5  -c -o _apachemodule.lo _apachemodule.c && touch =20
> _apachemodule.slo
> /usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=3Dcompile gcc    -=20
> DDARWIN -DSIGPROCMASK_SETS_THREAD_MASK -no-cpp-precomp  -I/usr/
> include/=20=
>
> apache2  -I/usr/include/apr-1   -I/usr/include/apr-1  -I/Users/=20
> jrraines/Downloads/mod_python-3.3.1/src/include -I/usr/include/
> apache2 =20=
>
> -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/=20
> python2.5  -c -o requestobject.lo requestobject.c && touch =20
> requestobject.slo
> /usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=3Dcompile gcc    -=20
> DDARWIN -DSIGPROCMASK_SETS_THREAD_MASK -no-cpp-precomp  -I/usr/
> include/=20=
>
> apache2  -I/usr/include/apr-1   -I/usr/include/apr-1  -I/Users/=20
> jrraines/Downloads/mod_python-3.3.1/src/include -I/usr/include/
> apache2 =20=
>
> -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/=20
> python2.5  -c -o tableobject.lo tableobject.c && touch tableobject.slo
> tableobject.c:329: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer =20
> type
> tableobject.c:1092: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer
> =20=
>
> type
> /usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=3Dcompile gcc    -=20
> DDARWIN -DSIGPROCMASK_SETS_THREAD_MASK -no-cpp-precomp  -I/usr/
> include/=20=
>
> apache2  -I/usr/include/apr-1   -I/usr/include/apr-1  -I/Users/=20
> jrraines/Downloads/mod_python-3.3.1/src/include -I/usr/include/
> apache2 =20=
>
> -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/=20
> python2.5  -c -o util.lo util.c && touch util.slo
> /usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=3Dcompile gcc    -=20
> DDARWIN -DSIGPROCMASK_SETS_THREAD_MASK -no-cpp-precomp  -I/usr/
> include/=20=
>
> apache2  -I/usr/include/apr-1   -I/usr/include/apr-1  -I/Users/=20
> jrraines/Downloads/mod_python-3.3.1/src/include -I/usr/include/
> apache2 =20=
>
> -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/=20
> python2.5  -c -o serverobject.lo serverobject.c && touch =20
> serverobject.slo
> serverobject.c:387: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer
> =20=
>
> type
> /usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=3Dcompile gcc    -=20
> DDARWIN -DSIGPROCMASK_SETS_THREAD_MASK -no-cpp-precomp  -I/usr/
> include/=20=
>
> apache2  -I/usr/include/apr-1   -I/usr/include/apr-1  -I/Users/=20
> jrraines/Downloads/mod_python-3.3.1/src/include -I/usr/include/
> apache2 =20=
>
> -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/=20
> python2.5  -c -o connobject.lo connobject.c && touch connobject.slo
> /usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=3Dcompile gcc    -=20
> DDARWIN -DSIGPROCMASK_SETS_THREAD_MASK -no-cpp-precomp  -I/usr/
> include/=20=
>
> apache2  -I/usr/include/apr-1   -I/usr/include/apr-1  -I/Users/=20
> jrraines/Downloads/mod_python-3.3.1/src/include -I/usr/include/
> apache2 =20=
>
> -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/=20
> python2.5  -c -o filterobject.lo filterobject.c && touch =20
> filterobject.slo
> /usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=3Dcompile gcc    -=20
> DDARWIN -DSIGPROCMASK_SETS_THREAD_MASK -no-cpp-precomp  -I/usr/
> include/=20=
>
> apache2  -I/usr/include/apr-1   -I/usr/include/apr-1  -I/Users/=20
> jrraines/Downloads/mod_python-3.3.1/src/include -I/usr/include/
> apache2 =20=
>
> -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/=20
> python2.5  -c -o hlist.lo hlist.c && touch hlist.slo
> /usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=3Dcompile gcc    -=20
> DDARWIN -DSIGPROCMASK_SETS_THREAD_MASK -no-cpp-precomp  -I/usr/
> include/=20=
>
> apache2  -I/usr/include/apr-1   -I/usr/include/apr-1  -I/Users/=20
> jrraines/Downloads/mod_python-3.3.1/src/include -I/usr/include/
> apache2 =20=
>
> -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/=20
> python2.5  -c -o hlistobject.lo hlistobject.c && touch hlistobject.slo
> /usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=3Dcompile gcc    -=20
> DDARWIN -DSIGPROCMASK_SETS_THREAD_MASK -no-cpp-precomp  -I/usr/
> include/=20=
>
> apache2  -I/usr/include/apr-1   -I/usr/include/apr-1  -I/Users/=20
> jrraines/Downloads/mod_python-3.3.1/src/include -I/usr/include/
> apache2 =20=
>
> -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/=20
> python2.5  -c -o finfoobject.lo finfoobject.c && touch finfoobject.slo
> finfoobject.c:278: warning: 'intargfunc' is deprecated
> finfoobject.c:278: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer =20
> type
> /usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=3Dlink gcc -o =20
> mod_python.la  -rpath /usr/libexec/apache2 -module -avoid-version    =20
> finfoobject.lo hlistobject.lo hlist.lo filterobject.lo connobject.lo =20
> serverobject.lo util.lo tableobject.lo requestobject.lo =20
> _apachemodule.lo mod_python.lo -Wl,-framework,Python -u _PyMac_Error -
> =20=
>
> framework Python -Wl,-F. -lm -framework Python -ldl
> ln -s ../lib/python/mod_python mod_python
> ln -s ../src src
>