[mod_python] mod_python tutorial issues

Nilesh Govindrajan admin at itech7.com
Mon Mar 17 21:54:22 EDT 2008


Joseph, I am sending a CC of this mail to Apache Mailing list. I will 
tell you if any replies are received.

Apache Mailing List: Please solve Joseph's problem with Apache, 
mod_python on windows xp sp2. please read all the messages in here (quotes).

Joseph Sliz wrote:
> Sorry for the delay in responding....had a meeting.
>
> I've tried setting up the directory with quotes and no-quotes.  I changed
> the DocumentRoot Directory back to what it was originally:
>
> <Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs">
>
> I've moved my hello.py module into that folder and now I receive a "500
> Internal Server Error" when I try to access http://localhost/hello.py.
>
> The error report is as follows:
>
> ImportError: No module named mod_python.apache
> [Mon Mar 17 13:48:11 2008] [error] make_obcallback: Python path being used
> "['C:\\\\Python24\\\\python24.zip', '.\\\\DLLs', '.\\\\lib',
> '.\\\\lib\\\\plat-win', '.\\\\lib\\\\lib-tk', 'C:\\\\Program Files\\\\Apache
> Software Foundation\\\\Apache2.2\\\\bin']".
> [Mon Mar 17 13:48:11 2008] [error] get_interpreter: no interpreter callback
> found.
> [Mon Mar 17 13:48:11 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] python_handler: Can't
> get/create interpreter.
> [Mon Mar 17 13:50:55 2008] [notice] Parent: Received restart signal --
> Restarting the server.
> [Mon Mar 17 13:50:55 2008] [notice] Child 3324: Exit event signaled. Child
> process is ending.
> [Mon Mar 17 13:50:55 2008] [notice] Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) configured --
> resuming normal operations
> [Mon Mar 17 13:50:55 2008] [notice] Server built: Jan 18 2008 00:37:19
> [Mon Mar 17 13:50:55 2008] [notice] Parent: Created child process 3936
> [Mon Mar 17 13:50:55 2008] [notice] mod_python: Creating 8 session mutexes
> based on 0 max processes and 64 max threads.
> [Mon Mar 17 13:50:55 2008] [notice] Child 3936: Child process is running
> [Mon Mar 17 13:50:56 2008] [notice] Child 3324: Released the start mutex
> [Mon Mar 17 13:50:56 2008] [notice] Child 3936: Acquired the start mutex.
> [Mon Mar 17 13:50:56 2008] [notice] Child 3936: Starting 64 worker threads.
> [Mon Mar 17 13:50:57 2008] [notice] Child 3324: All worker threads have
> exited.
> [Mon Mar 17 13:50:57 2008] [notice] Child 3324: Child process is exiting
> [Mon Mar 17 13:50:57 2008] [notice] Child 3936: Starting thread to listen on
> port 80.
> [Mon Mar 17 13:51:15 2008] [error] make_obcallback: could not import
> mod_python.apache.\n
> 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
> 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
> ImportError: No module named mod_python.apache
> [Mon Mar 17 13:51:15 2008] [error] make_obcallback: Python path being used
> "['C:\\\\Python24\\\\python24.zip', '.\\\\DLLs', '.\\\\lib',
> '.\\\\lib\\\\plat-win', '.\\\\lib\\\\lib-tk', 'C:\\\\Program Files\\\\Apache
> Software Foundation\\\\Apache2.2\\\\bin']".
> [Mon Mar 17 13:51:15 2008] [error] get_interpreter: no interpreter callback
> found.
> [Mon Mar 17 13:51:15 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] python_handler: Can't
> get/create interpreter.
>
>
> Any ideas??
>
> Regards...Joe
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Nilesh Govindrajan [mailto:admin at itech7.com] 
> Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 11:39 AM
> To: jsliz at fluentenergy.com
> Cc: mod_python at modpython.org
> Subject: Re: [mod_python] mod_python tutorial issues
>
> Joseph Sliz wrote:
>   
>> The tutorial examples I have are as follows:
>>
>> DocumentRoot /foo/bar
>> <Directory /foo/bar>
>> 	AddHandler python-program .py
>> 	PythonHandler hello
>> </Directory
>>
>>
>> AND
>>
>> Alias /python /var/www/python
>> <Directory /var/www/python>
>>         SetHandler python-program
>>         PythonHandler application
>> </Directory>
>>
>>
>> Not knowing much about mod_python and Apache, I can only go by the
>>     
> examples.
>   
>> Should I be setting the Directory up differently in the Apache httpd.conf
>> file???
>>
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Nilesh Govindrajan [mailto:admin at itech7.com] 
>> Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 11:15 AM
>> To: jsliz at fluentenergy.com
>> Cc: mod_python at modpython.org
>> Subject: Re: [mod_python] mod_python tutorial issues
>>
>> Joseph Sliz wrote:
>>   
>>     
>>> Still didn't work.  I tried visiting http://localhost/hello.py/handler,
>>>     
>>>       
>> but
>>   
>>     
>>> still receive an "HTTP 404 Not Found" error.  What could I possibly be
>>> missing???
>>>
>>> Regards....Joe
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Nilesh Govindrajan [mailto:admin at itech7.com