All Questions

Filter by
Sorted by
Tagged with
0
votes
0answers
7 views

Mint plant or Pennyroyal plant?

Am I propagating an actual Mint plant or is it a Pennyroyal plant? it's from a grocery store.
1
vote
0answers
21 views

Cocoa leaves turning brown

Hello, My 4 months old cocoa plants are starting to get brown. Any idea what is the reason? Is this the cold weather? to much watering? What should I do? And does the left one still have a chance to ...
0
votes
0answers
23 views

How do I deter the honey-bees from my compost bin?

I have two composting bins on the terrace beside my terrace garden (TG). A couple of days back I saw a swarm of honey bees near my TG, and from yesterday or so I am seeing that there are a couple of ...
2
votes
1answer
20 views

Dracaena Propagation/thicker trunk

I have 3 questions about my Dracaena! She currently has 3 nodes off the main trunk. If I cut the trunk in half, will these nodes die? Secondly, I've seen some Dracaenas with incredibly thick trunks, ...
2
votes
1answer
22 views

Finding the right pollinator for “Ferragnes” almond

I have two "Ferragnes" almonds, but "Ferragnes" is, like most almond cultivars, not self-fertile. It needs another almond cultivar that flowers at approximately same time, and ...
0
votes
1answer
22 views

Bush transplants bought too early

I bought some of these starters from a big box store and it says plant them when chance of frost is gone. Since I'm probably still 1 month out how should I best keep them? Should I water them in the ...
1
vote
1answer
27 views

What woodland/marsh plant is this (in central New York)?

I found this plant growing wild in a swampy woodland last March. Any idea what it could be? Thanks!
2
votes
0answers
25 views

What kind of shrubby willow is this (in central New York)?

There's a low lying area on my property with lots of impenetrable shrubby willows growing in the sun, along with sensitive ferns, marsh marigolds, and poplar. The growing zone is USDA 5b but in this ...
2
votes
0answers
21 views

Rubber plant is dying!

I can't seem to save my rubber plant for some reason! Would really appreciate all the help I can get please :) I bought a rubber plant last year and it has been okay ever since I moved it from the ...
0
votes
1answer
36 views

Can you bleach human poop to use as fertilizer?

I was thinking about how in The Martian the astronaut used the crew members poop to fertilize the soil and grow potatoes and decided to learn more about that. I read, though, that unprocessed human ...
1
vote
0answers
18 views

How do I keep Azolla (duckweed) alive in a sealed container?

I would like to keep Azolla (duckweed) alive for a week in a sealed container. Is there any way to do this? How can I do this?
1
vote
0answers
20 views

My Roses have disease gall?

I have noticed the discoloring of the stems of my roses. Do I have to remove the discolored stems? Aside from cleaning my cutting tools, is there anything I can do to prevent this?
1
vote
1answer
23 views

Sempervivum sprouting but not to make a flower. Why is that and how to do something about it?

My Sempervivum (actually a good number of my little friends) show the behaviour in the attached picture. I take samples of these plants from my outside garden where they thrive and I'd like them to ...
1
vote
1answer
21 views

Is this a papaya? What kind, and how do I know when it is ripe?

There are several trees with these fruits growing wild near where I'm staying in the Caribbean. I let one ripen from green to orange and cut it open. Is it a papaya? And what kind? This one didn't ...
0
votes
0answers
15 views

Cat Palm drooping/dying?

My cat palm seems to be dropping quite a bit. Is this normal? Is it meant to droop so much? I also see some brown on the roots. I’m very new to indoor plants hence asking because I don’t want it to ...

15 30 50 per page
1
2 3 4 5
…
992