I’m trying to install material shell which is only in unstable right now.
I’m using the guide from the wiki to install a package from unstable along with this post on adding unstable without using a channel.
The configuration looks like:
let
unstableTarball =
fetchTarball
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs-channels/archive/nixos-unstable.tar.gz;
in
{
nixpkgs.config = {
packageOverrides = pkgs: {
unstable = import unstableTarball {
config = config.nixpkgs.config;
};
};
};
# List packages installed in system profile. To search, run:
# $ nix search wget
environment.systemPackages = with pkgs; [
unstable.gnomeExtensions.material-shell
];
}
I am able to install gnome extensions from 20.09 with no errors. I am able to install packages from unstable with no errors. When I try to install “unstable.gnomeExtensions.material-shell” I get the following build error:
building Nix...
building the system configuration...
error: attribute 'material-shell' missing, at /cfg/configuration.nix:102:5
(use '--show-trace' to show detailed location information)
I’ve tried installing through both environment.systemPackages in my configuration.nix and my home.packages in my home.nix.
Do I need to use a different package name to get this to work?
sudo. – Jan Tojnar Jan 30 at 15:11